20 Spectacular Reasons to Get Organized, Toss Clutter & Spring Clean
Spring has officially arrived.
I’m hearing tales from friends all over the US that daffodils have begun to poke their heads up and that spring showers (and storms) have begun to bring needed moisture for the growth of later spring blooms. In the first few weeks of spring, I find myself embracing fresh breezes, admiring early and delicate blooms, and longing for the first local asparagus.
At home, you’ll find me embracing some true spring rituals. Opening the windows to allow fresh air to bathe the house with the freshness of spring as it replaces the cooped up smells of winter. Placing cut flowers in vases all over the house to bring in some brightness. And cleaning nooks and crannies, like the fridge and the baseboards. It’s also time to drag the lawn chairs out of the basement and put ‘em on the porch so we can enjoy the beauty of the earth as it comes alive.
You’ll also find me digging back into de-cluttering my spaces.
De-cluttering your physical space is the perfect beginning to nourish the bloom of spring within your heart and home.
It also brings me an amazing peace of mind and boosts my productivity and creativity!
Twenty Reasons to De-clutter Your Home For Spring
- As you prepare for a new season, cleaning and de-cluttering allows your soul to shift.
- Everyone living in your home can more easily make the transition to a new season when living a a clean space.
- De-cluttering, cleaning, and refreshing your physical space helps dissipate the winter blues.
- Everything has energy and you can renew your energy by removing excess.
- Pockets of clutter distract you from living your best life.
- Life crystallizes when your physical space is in order.
- In order to make space in your life for the new and brilliant to come in – you have to release the old and crusty.
- You begin to fall in love with your life when you home is a space in which you can relax.
- When your surroundings are serene, your soul will be able to create.
- Every time you open a drawer and have to look for something, your mind refocuses. It turns to the task of finding scissors and distracts you from writing that chapter of your book, that blog post, that sales letter or the perfect line of a song
- When energy is consistently flowing out to things that don’t really matter or to things that distract you, you have to play tricks in order to get by. You have to “get more” things to keep your energy up.
- It’s challenging to live your best life when you are surrounded by too much stuff.
- A clean house provides a better environment for reading, thinking and dreaming.
- Cleaning is good exercise. The physical removal of excess items in your life – old computers, clothes that don’t fit, and unused appliances – is even better exercise.
- Having an organized, sanitized, sparkling clean kitchen can help you make healthier eating choices.
- Deep cleaning your home frees it from mold, mildew, dust and bugs.
- As you spring clean your home, you can make a list of repairs that need to done.
- Cleaning out your closet gives you an opportunity to evaluate what you need for summer. You want to flaunt your style!
- It’s easier to connect to your heart – instead of being distracted by mess and clutter.
- Socializing with friends is easier when you don’t have to hustle and bustle to clean your house for company. When you want to throw a party, you’ll just need to give the house a lick and a promise.
Want to get your space in order? Want to shed stuff? Want to clean some nooks and crannies without overwhelm and exhaustion?
Each day of the program, you’ll get an inspirational note with a task designed to take 30 minutes or less.
Together, we will get things streamlined, de-cluttered, and organized in small, steady doses. We’ll also tackle some hidden spaces for some bonus Spring Cleaning Action! This approach allows us to slowly add routines and build a momentum of organization, without the exhaustion at the end. It also adds to – instead of draining – that precious energy.
Getting clear in your life by dealing with all sizes of clutter will allow you to direct your precious energy to living full engaged.
I want you to fall in love with your life so that you can live every moment right smack in the middle of the zone.
Just think: You and me (and more than a dozen kindred spirits). 30 Days. 30 Minutes (or less). Clearing space. Clearer thinking.
Offered Two More Times in 2013, 30 Days to Clarity: Clutter Busting Edition Course Dates:
- Sunday, July 28, 2013 to Tuesday, August 27, 2013
- Sunday, October 27, 2013 to Tuesday, November 26, 2013
What better way to move into the New Year than with a lighter heart and clearer vision of what you want. Clear out the clutter that’s distracting you!
What other reasons can you share for de-cluttering and spring cleaning? Leave your ideas in the comments!